Sentinels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A free form RPG focusing around an original universe filled with Superhuman beings, featuring teams, elements, and characters all made from the ground up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Meeting the Neighbours (Open)
A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptySeptember 25th 2016, 2:00 pm by DivingDart

» Road Trip! (Bloo, Izzy)
A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptySeptember 22nd 2016, 8:20 pm by Acrimonious

» No Love Lost (DD)
A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptySeptember 13th 2016, 4:11 pm by Izzy

» Yui Fotias
A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptySeptember 7th 2016, 5:33 pm by Railyn

» En Passant (Bloo)
A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptySeptember 5th 2016, 9:59 pm by Acrimonious

» 'Mr Blobby'
A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 30th 2016, 11:40 pm by Izzy

» The Grateful (Bloo)
A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 6:44 pm by Bloo

» Enchanting (Izzy)
A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 2:46 pm by Acrimonious

» Captain Orion
A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 27th 2016, 1:02 am by Izzy

Top posting users this week
No user
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 16 on October 23rd 2021, 5:13 pm
Top posters
Acrimonious
A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) I_vote_lcapA Treasure Hunt (Izzy) I_voting_barA Treasure Hunt (Izzy) I_vote_rcap 
Izzy
A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) I_vote_lcapA Treasure Hunt (Izzy) I_voting_barA Treasure Hunt (Izzy) I_vote_rcap 
Bloo
DivingDart
Emmi
Railyn
Shugo
hotwire

A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloo

Bloo

A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) Empty
PostSubject: A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)   A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 7th 2016, 5:48 pm

Avarice was frustrated, though she hadn't let that fact show on the outside. Her power had never not worked before. It was something new and different, and it was between her and what she wanted. She hadn't expected her hunt for something as legendary as Excalibur to be like any hunt before, she'd admit that, but when she tried to find it she definitely didn't expect to be pulled in all sorts of directions at once. "Welcome to the end of eras..." She mumbled to herself, ignoring the hustle of people around her. Being lost was a new feeling for her.

Maybe the sword was actually just... a myth? She found that hard to believe. She'd searched for things that didn't exist before, and never had this result. Usually she was pulled in no direction until she picked a viable desire.

With a sigh, she opened a portal next to her. She grabbed whatever flask was in front and took a quick swig before stuffing it in her inside pocket. It took her a moment to even consider the fact that there was more than one way to find something. She'd always had her power that doing actual investigating and tracking was a far fetched idea. When it did come to her, her internal compass adjusted. A lead?

That was how she found herself outside of the book store. "Hn..." She mused aloud, entering as she took another swig from the flask. She'd stand out, dressed as she was and moving about the store with such a purpose.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Admin
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)   A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 7th 2016, 5:56 pm

Alice was sat behind her desk at the back of the store with a book covering her eyes and her legs up on the desk when the door opened. As it went, it tapped the standard bell, ringing to signal someone had entered her shop. "Oh christ. Not so loud, please..." She groaned. The woman had a tired look to her when she finally removed the book. Whether that was a matter of the things she'd seen, the things she'd experienced, or the questionable things she'd decided to drink the night before was entirely up for debate. Although anyone who'd experienced it before would know that it was the last one. Definitely the last one.

She finally sat up, groaning. "Welcome to the Enchanting Edition, home to every book under the sun." She snorted, giving her usual welcome with significantly less enthusiasm than she normally would. This person didn't seem like much of a customer, and Alice silently prayed that she wouldn't have to reorganize her store due to a demon attack for the fifth time today.

The inside of the store was massive, it almost looked like it was significantly bigger than it was on the outside. For starters, how the hell was there a second floor? As Avarice looked around, she would see shelves stacked all the way to the top of the room, several stacks of books would lay about as well. Likely stacks that people had checked and read, but decided against buying. Alice was just too lazy to put them away.
Back to top Go down
https://sentinelsrpg.rpg-board.net
Bloo

Bloo

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)   A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 7th 2016, 6:07 pm

Alice wasn't the only one upset after Avarice entered the store. She looked in the general direction of the hungover librarian and scowled deeply. She looked up and the tower of books on that wall, and considered just giving up. Too bad she knew that her spirit wouldn't let her. She didn't immediately respond to Alice's unimpressive welcome, instead scanned across the books on the bottom shelf looking for anything that would stand out as something that would help her find the blade.

Only she couldn't see the books behind the rather underwhelming employee. So she let out a sigh and decided to ask for help. "There's something in this shop that will help me find a really rare object that I'm hunting." She answered, rather vaguely.

She considered leaving it at that, but thought she might be in here forever if she did. "Do you know anything here that could lead to the location of a sword? It's called Excalibur." She expected surprise at the question, and braced herself by producing the flask again. She took a very long pull, finishing it on her third try. "It's important to me."
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Admin
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)   A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 7th 2016, 6:16 pm

Alice did nothing to hide her irritation at the ignorant visitor. Fine. Fuck you too. She flopped herself back into her chair and sat back, kicking her legs up and lighting a cigarette. "Just make sure you buy something." She muttered under her breath. She pulled out her little black book. It was something to do. Something to read. Inside were a series of indiscernible symbols that'd make no sense to anyone but a mage. Some of them wouldn't even know, to be fair.

"If it's not a book, get out. It's not here." She said at first, and then her ears perked at the sound of Excalibur. Really, Azuth's old blade? She shook her head. "I doubt it's that important. It's Excalibur." She snorted and snapped her fingers under her desk, opening the door behind her. "Either stop wasting my time or get out."
Back to top Go down
Bloo

Bloo

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)   A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 7th 2016, 6:27 pm

When Avarice moved across the room is when she noticed. Her compass followed the woman. The sin wasn't here for a book. No. She was here for the woman. That made this a little less tedious. A little. The girl looked like the kind that would be less than easy to convince to be helpful. Avarice turned her full attention to the girl, ignoring the door opening behind her as she tucked the flask away again.

She crossed her arms under her bust, inspecting the girl closely for a bit. She was feeling the alcohol going to her head already, though it didn't show in her demeanor at all. "It's that important. I have one of these rare conditions where when I want something, I can't stop searching until I have it. It's rather inconvenient." She spoke to the woman, moving to one of the corners and grabbing a chair that was resting there and dragging it over to where the Archemage was sitting. Avarice sat across from her, equally relaxed.

"You have the information, I'm sure of that. You're also not a very good liar. So, tell me... what do you want in exchange? Money?"
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Admin
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)   A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 7th 2016, 6:54 pm

Alice smirked. "Oh gosh darn. I appear to have been discovered." She chuckled to herself, closing the little black book of incantations. "See, I have this rare condition that's incredibly inconvenient. When people piss me off and ask about my family history, I have a rather intense desire to see them go away." She narrowed her eyes at her.

"Give me your best offer, and I might be tempted to let you try your introduction all over again." She said simply, taking a long drag of her cigarette before blowing the smoke into Avarice's face.
Back to top Go down
Bloo

Bloo

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)   A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 7th 2016, 7:02 pm

Avarice was not a fan of this girl. Blame it on the hangover, that she was at work, or that she was just a naturally annoying person... but the attitude on the lady made Avarice wish that she could find someone else to help her. Was there really nobody? Her compass said aye. Ignoring the smoke that was blown in her face, Avarice decided to push further. "Family history? You're... related to Excalibur?"

Avarice knew what she'd meant of course, but felt required to get her licks in before she made an offer. "My name is Avarice. I have a particular set of skills, you see. I'm sure there's something you want that will get the information I want, right? Some rare book that nobody has ever been able to track down? Some kind of incriminating tape that you don't want going public. Everyone has a price."
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Admin
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)   A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 9th 2016, 9:10 pm

Alice sat back and considered her options. Ever since she'd found that lead, she'd been worried about someone else finding the magical blade. Once upon her time, her ancestors had enchanted the weapon, causing the wielder to be seen as larger than life, a true god among men. That's how Arthur became king, after all. And during the days of King Arthur, when it's influence would be limited, the weapon was safely kept. Today though, with the internet and modern media it would be an absolute nightmare. She'd have to disenchant it...but after that, she couldn't care less about the blade itself.

She clicked her tongue and took another drag. "So what's your offer?" She chuckled. "See, I'm not like mortals. I don't worry about what people see of me. I couldn't care less." She leaned forward and looked Avarice up and down, reading her body language. This girl needed Alice, and she knew it. And she hated it. Alice then smiled a very smug smile. "So give me an offer, try and make it worth my while."
Back to top Go down
Bloo

Bloo

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)   A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 9th 2016, 9:49 pm

The lady was thinking, and clicking her tongue. Everything about her body language made Avarice think the woman was the type who was determined to be difficult just to be difficult. After suffering through a head to toe inspection, Avarice scowled at the girls smug and annoying smile. Avarice thought she could be considered backed into a corner, but everything about the woman was pushing her away.

Settling with a click of her own tongue, Avarice stiffened. "I've changed my mind. I'm going to find it on my own." She declared quickly. "Finding things is my specialty, and you seem to be the type that things you know more than you do. I'll find a different source."

Avarice's compass was pointing her somewhere else already. Perfect. She could continue her hunt without Alice and the annoying attitude she carried... assuming her compass was taking her to a lead. She could never be too sure. She thought she wanted a lead more than anything, but has been wrong before...
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Admin
Izzy

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)   A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) EmptyAugust 9th 2016, 9:52 pm

Alice smiled as she started to turn away. Excalibur was hidden under about 20 different wards. Every generation of her family would add something to the forgotten blade, up until around the 1600s. She shrugged and sat back in her chair. "Yeah. Okay. If you need me I'll be here." She slowly waved a hand and her little black book rose in front of her face, flipping the pages as she read through it again, refreshing on what Excalibur would test its would be wielders with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)   A Treasure Hunt (Izzy) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Treasure Hunt (Izzy)
Page 1 of 1