Sentinels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A free form RPG focusing around an original universe filled with Superhuman beings, featuring teams, elements, and characters all made from the ground up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Meeting the Neighbours (Open)
Yui Fotias EmptySeptember 25th 2016, 2:00 pm by DivingDart

» Road Trip! (Bloo, Izzy)
Yui Fotias EmptySeptember 22nd 2016, 8:20 pm by Acrimonious

» No Love Lost (DD)
Yui Fotias EmptySeptember 13th 2016, 4:11 pm by Izzy

» Yui Fotias
Yui Fotias EmptySeptember 7th 2016, 5:33 pm by Railyn

» En Passant (Bloo)
Yui Fotias EmptySeptember 5th 2016, 9:59 pm by Acrimonious

» 'Mr Blobby'
Yui Fotias EmptyAugust 30th 2016, 11:40 pm by Izzy

» The Grateful (Bloo)
Yui Fotias EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 6:44 pm by Bloo

» Enchanting (Izzy)
Yui Fotias EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 2:46 pm by Acrimonious

» Captain Orion
Yui Fotias EmptyAugust 27th 2016, 1:02 am by Izzy

Top posting users this week
No user
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 16 on October 23rd 2021, 5:13 pm
Top posters
Acrimonious
Yui Fotias I_vote_lcapYui Fotias I_voting_barYui Fotias I_vote_rcap 
Izzy
Bloo
DivingDart
Emmi
Railyn
Shugo
hotwire

Yui Fotias

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Railyn

Yui Fotias Empty
PostSubject: Yui Fotias   Yui Fotias EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 2:56 pm

"Dreams are my reality."

Yui Fotias

Yui Fotias Ifluw710

~~IDENTITY~~

Full Name: Yui Fotias
Nickname(s): n/a
Codename: Dream Walker
Other Alias(es): n/a
Race: half demon/half human
Alignment: Neutral
Affiliation: None

~~PHYSICAL APPEARANCE~~

Hair Color: Pale pink, almost white
Eye Color: Gold with crosses in them usually, but they tend to change color with her mood.
Weight: 111lbs
Height: 5'0"
Other Traits: N/a

~~SKILLS AND ABILITIES~~

Powers:

Dream Manipulation:

Yui can create, shape, enter, and manipulate the dreams of herself and others, including modifying, suppressing, fabricating, influencing, manifesting, sensing, and observing dreams as well as nightmares, daydreams, etc. She can produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares or lucid dreaming, entrap people in REM, and promote spiritual/emotional healing within dreams. She is able to pull someone from the waking world into the dream world. However, this is the limit of her interaction with the physical world.

When trying to induce sleep, she must have full eye contact with the person for a solid five seconds while she whispers a simple incantation. If the line of sight is broken, then the spell-like ability is lost. This is the quickest way to do this. The only other way she can induce sleep is through physical contact. This requires her to keep physical contact with the target for a full 30 seconds while speaking her incantation. If either the contact is stopped or she stops speaking, the ability is broken once again.

She can only target one person at a time and the person is only asleep for a maximum of one minute in the real world. However, the dream may seem to stretch on for a month, depending on what Yui wants. Though, she can't keep them past a minute in the real world. Also, while she has them in this state, her body (and their's) are completely vulnerable and open for attack.

When in a dream, she has almost full control over the world in which she currently resides. Within the confines of a dream, she can completely alter reality. This gives her the ability to do anything from scaring a person so bad that they pee their bed, or give someone in pain a sense of relief by keeping them focused on their dream as they recover. She can not inflict wounds in the physical world, though the sense of pain will still be there, possibly even after they wake up. She can not cause someone so much pain that they die from the shock of it.

Although she can still enter dreams in her sleep and has slight control over the domain, the creator of the dream is still the ultimate law and they can stop their dream whenever they so choose. ONLY WHILE SHE'S SLEEPING. In this state, she cannot induce pain nor take it away. She can only observe and play.

Dream Healing:

Yui is able to heal the physical body as an inherent power from her mother, Rain Bow. Her power activates a bit differently though. She first induces a peaceful dream to help the person relax from the pain and stress their body is under. Once calm, the two are enveloped in a soft blue aura which begins to heal the body. For small cuts and scrapes, this full process takes about 3 minutes. For medium wounds and gashes, 6 minutes. For grievous wounds and broken bones, 20 minutes. Unlike her mother, she can not cure illness or disease.

Dream walking:

This one is fairly simple. She is able to go from one dream to another as she wishes. This also allows her to travel through the "dream stream" to locate somebody based on their dream pattern. She can then pin point their physical location through their dream. Within this context, she can also communicate to people in their dreams and allow them a sense of lucid dreaming, if she so chooses. If not, they would act as if they had no knowledge of her controlling their dreams or even being there if she so chooses.

Telepathic Link:

Once Yui has entered a dream of someone's and gotten their consent, she can then communicate telepathically with that person whether awake or asleep for a distance of up to five miles.

Skills:

- Her most amazing skill is the fact that she can sleep for 24 hours at a time.

- She was raised as royalty so she has a wide array of knowledge on war and negotiation.

Physical Weaknesses:

- Because she sleeps so often, her body is left vulnerable to many attacks.

- Anything that would kill a human will kill her.

- Also because she sleeps so often, physical activity is a little more difficult for her so she does not very high endurance, strength, etc.

Mental Weaknesses:

- She truly believes that her dream universe is the true reality so she has a hard time functioning in the real world. The more time that she spends awake, the more anxious she becomes. If not calmed down, it could be debilitating.

Equipment:

- She carries around a magic wand for no real purpose except that it's cute.

~~PSYCHOLOGICAL~~

Personality:

Yui has a sweet and mild mannered personality most of the time. She usually spends her time in kids' dreams and just makes them bigger and better than their own imaginations could take them. The teenager is basically just a child herself, trapped in a woman's body. Since she has spent so much of her time in a make believe world, her basic practicality is missing. She sees the world through innocent eyes and is extremely trusting, naïve, moldable, and breakable.

Strengths:

Because she is so innocent, she also has an open mind and can see things from many different view points, giving her a very charming persuasion tactic.

Interests/Habits:

- Sleeping, dreaming, eating, sweets!, stuffed animals, coloring, watching cartoons, etc...

~~PERSONAL BACKGROUND~~

Country of Origin:

The Fotias Kingdom of Hell

History:

Yui was raised in a palace with more sisters than she could count. Her father, Charissa Fotias, and mother, Rain Bow-Fotias, cherished each and every one of their daughters, giving them whatever they could possibly need and desire. For Yui, that was sleep and a mentor who taught her that she could do so much in the dream universe if she trained it. So she did.

The girl spent more and more time in her dreams and less in reality. By the time she was 10 years old, the only reasons she would wake, would be to eat, use the restroom, or do something fun with a parent or sibling. She would even take her lessons while sleeping. Entering the dreams of her instructors in order to continue her studies in the world that she wanted.

At 16 years of age, she finally decided that it was time to leave a mark on the world above them, so she got one of her sisters to teleport her to Earth, where she now spends her days... sleeping.

Sample rp:

Last edited by Railyn on September 7th 2016, 5:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Acrimonious

Acrimonious

Yui Fotias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yui Fotias   Yui Fotias EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 3:15 pm

Yui Fotias Giphy
Back to top Go down
Acrimonious

Acrimonious

Yui Fotias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yui Fotias   Yui Fotias EmptySeptember 6th 2016, 8:16 pm

Sorry for the late response. As it stands, her Dream Manipulation power is just way too strong at the moment. If you cause too much pain to a person they can go into shock and die, and if you can make the dream go on for almost forever, they have no way to recover from that. It's true that this leaves her open but all the other times, I.E. when she is sleeping at home or the character is, it leaves way too much room to abuse.
Back to top Go down
Railyn

Yui Fotias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yui Fotias   Yui Fotias EmptySeptember 7th 2016, 5:33 pm

Edited. She can keep them for a month of dream time, one minute real time. And can only cause pain so intense they pee themselves. No death. Also, while asleep, she doesn't have as much control and can't cause anyone pain or pleasure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yui Fotias Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yui Fotias   Yui Fotias Empty

Back to top Go down

Yui Fotias
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sentinels :: Creation Center :: Character Creation-
Jump to: