Sentinels
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A free form RPG focusing around an original universe filled with Superhuman beings, featuring teams, elements, and characters all made from the ground up.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Meeting the Neighbours (Open)
En Passant (Bloo) EmptySeptember 25th 2016, 2:00 pm by DivingDart

» Road Trip! (Bloo, Izzy)
En Passant (Bloo) EmptySeptember 22nd 2016, 8:20 pm by Acrimonious

» No Love Lost (DD)
En Passant (Bloo) EmptySeptember 13th 2016, 4:11 pm by Izzy

» Yui Fotias
En Passant (Bloo) EmptySeptember 7th 2016, 5:33 pm by Railyn

» En Passant (Bloo)
En Passant (Bloo) EmptySeptember 5th 2016, 9:59 pm by Acrimonious

» 'Mr Blobby'
En Passant (Bloo) EmptyAugust 30th 2016, 11:40 pm by Izzy

» The Grateful (Bloo)
En Passant (Bloo) EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 6:44 pm by Bloo

» Enchanting (Izzy)
En Passant (Bloo) EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 2:46 pm by Acrimonious

» Captain Orion
En Passant (Bloo) EmptyAugust 27th 2016, 1:02 am by Izzy

Top posting users this week
No user
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 16 on October 23rd 2021, 5:13 pm
Top posters
Acrimonious
En Passant (Bloo) I_vote_lcapEn Passant (Bloo) I_voting_barEn Passant (Bloo) I_vote_rcap 
Izzy
En Passant (Bloo) I_vote_lcapEn Passant (Bloo) I_voting_barEn Passant (Bloo) I_vote_rcap 
Bloo
DivingDart
Emmi
Railyn
Shugo
hotwire

En Passant (Bloo)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Acrimonious

Acrimonious

En Passant (Bloo) Empty
PostSubject: En Passant (Bloo)   En Passant (Bloo) EmptyAugust 19th 2016, 9:02 pm

He woke from the stasis chamber, slowly getting his body moving again. He had set his capsule for another few months or so. While he would love to stay in stasis until the ship had completely repaired itself- because that was an option- he felt like he needed to make sure nothing was going to happen to them while they slept. That, and he felt like he should help the maintenance along a little. After all, the ship had taken considerable damage ever since that fight with the invading aliens. He walked over to the computer system access inside the chamber to check on how the repairs were going and seeing if anything else needed fixing. He felt that making sure their ship was done faster was the better option. Though he did regret not following her whims to a tee.

That reminded him. Lightning. He looked over to the other stasis chamber. That name meant more than anything he had ever known to him. He found his legs were working on their own, and had him make his way over to her. He put a hand near her face on the glass. He undoubtedly admired her. That was why he had to protect her no matter what. Their world was gone; forever lost to the threat they both ran away from. So in its stead, she was his entire world now. He was nothing without her.

He looked to the control panel. It was at 99% the last time he woke, and it still was now. The suspense was nothing short of agonizing. But then, suddenly it clicked to 100%. The ship had completed its repairs; they could now leave. It took him a few moments to realize the full importance of that, and the sudden opening of Lightning's stasis chamber helped towards that endeavor.
Back to top Go down
Bloo

Bloo

En Passant (Bloo) Empty
PostSubject: Re: En Passant (Bloo)   En Passant (Bloo) EmptyAugust 28th 2016, 10:06 am

It took Lightning a minute to realize that there was sounds and movement around her. She'd been in stasis for a while, obviously. As the door opened slowly she gave a slight push with her foot to speed it up. Stiffly, she got out. A flare of pain went through her side, but she ignored it. The wound she received from the crash just needed time to heal, it seemed. Her right hand on the wound and her left on the sword at her hip, she moved towards the captain's cabin. She spotted Noctis and nodded firmly.

"Are the repairs done, then?" She asked, still on the alert for danger. The stasis was set to let up for two reasons. A perimeter breach or the repairs finishing. She only hoped it was the latter.
Back to top Go down
Acrimonious

Acrimonious

En Passant (Bloo) Empty
PostSubject: Re: En Passant (Bloo)   En Passant (Bloo) EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 3:00 pm

He blinked gently as it opened up. He definitely hadn't realized in time before it started happening. He stepped away from the chamber so she could get out, but she was in such a hurry. She hadn't given the wound time to heal before, and she wasn't doing it now. He had gotten blood all over him that day, and stasis chambers didn't heal you, they kept you in that time state.

He saw her get out stiffly, nodding to him and asking if the repairs were done. He understood. She thought they were under attack. He got ready to brace her, grabbing her arm reassuringly. "Lightning, it's alright. The repairs are finished. We aren't under attack. Take it easy, please." He had barely remembered to say please. He was her subordinate, not the other way around. "You'll just destroy yourself if you move carelessly."

He removed his arm if she looked annoyed by it, but he couldn't help slightly smiling. He enjoyed seeing her. "We can finally return," he said quietly, as was his nature.
Back to top Go down
Bloo

Bloo

En Passant (Bloo) Empty
PostSubject: Re: En Passant (Bloo)   En Passant (Bloo) EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 4:02 pm

The news was good, bringing a smirk to Lightning's face. They could finally get home. Perfect. She wasn't sure what would be waiting for them on Earth. Back on their homeworld, the humans had no chance to defend against the invaders... but here, at least the invaders were losing when Lightning was shipwrecked here with Noctis. She could only hope that it remained that way.

"Then we need to move." She declared to Noctis, ignoring his worries about her injuries. "I can only hope there's something to go back to. I think that we hit them pretty hard with our last stand. Hopefully hard enough that they couldn't win."
Back to top Go down
Acrimonious

Acrimonious

En Passant (Bloo) Empty
PostSubject: Re: En Passant (Bloo)   En Passant (Bloo) EmptyAugust 29th 2016, 4:42 pm

He sighed a little as she ignored his concerns. But that was normal. He would walk with her to the cabin of the ship where she could fly. At least that wouldn't open up her stitches too much. She was saying that they needed to move, and hoped there was a planet they could return to. "I think that was beyond recuperating from. I'm sure if there were much left that they were defeated."

He looked at her holding her side, and contemplated it for a bit, before stepping forward. "Lightning. Before we take off, let me look at your wound, please. If you opened it we might crash again while you fly."
Back to top Go down
Bloo

Bloo

En Passant (Bloo) Empty
PostSubject: Re: En Passant (Bloo)   En Passant (Bloo) EmptySeptember 5th 2016, 9:50 pm

Noctis reassured Lightning that there was no way the aliens could recover from the blow they put on them and win the war. Having spent a long time in this war and the short one on her planet, her experience was encouraging her to believe him... but having the second opinion confirming her suspicions was always welcome. He called on her to have the wound looked at and she huffed loudly as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not so weak that a wound from..." she looked at the dial next to the pods, "three years ago could do anything to me. Besides, if it is still a problem, I'd be in best hands on Earth. With autopilot, the trip shouldn't require much. Only a few days of patience, unless the light drive is still operational."

Last edited by Bloo on September 5th 2016, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Acrimonious

Acrimonious

En Passant (Bloo) Empty
PostSubject: Re: En Passant (Bloo)   En Passant (Bloo) EmptySeptember 5th 2016, 9:59 pm

He pursed his lips as she brushed off his concern for her injury, saying that it couldn't affect her that much. She also said that even if it did, it would be better to get to earth. He exhaled lightly. This was the usual treatment. It wasn't exactly something new to him. But at the very least, she made sound arguments, so if the wound was affecting her, it wasn't too badly.

With all this in consideration, he nodded, and stepped to the side. "Very well."

He let her lead the way to the cabin, as she undoubtedly would want, and would take up position to assist wherever she could.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

En Passant (Bloo) Empty
PostSubject: Re: En Passant (Bloo)   En Passant (Bloo) Empty

Back to top Go down

En Passant (Bloo)
Page 1 of 1